Microneedling – or PCI (Percutaneous Collagen Induction) is a modern technique providing great results in different treatments. “A roll with multiple sterile needles in a row is used.
They are small, but reach the dermis at a depth of 1 to 3 mm, causing a ‘trauma’ without harming the most superficial layer of the skin,” explains dermatologist Priscila Rebellato, of the Annia Cordeiro Skin Clinic, dermatology center in Curitiba (PR).
These tiny holes in the dermis cause the body to respond by producing collagen and promoting cell recovery. Therefore, the treatment is indicated for flaccidity, attenuation of fine wrinkles, correction of scars (such as from acne), stretch marks and melasma. “Microneedling is also indicated for the so-called drug delivery – maximizing the absorption of topical medicines,” comments the expert.
However, care is needed upon performing the procedure. As with any other trendy treatment, many professionals, without proper training, begin to offer the technique – placing the health of patients at risk.
According to dermatologist Priscilla Rebellato, it is important to note some aspects when performing microneedling:
– choose a qualified professional. This professional must know the structures and the layers of the skin on which he or she is working on, as well as knowing the main objectives of the treatment. Therefore, he or she must be a skin expert, that is, a dermatologist.
– suitable materials. The right materials to perform the technique must be sterile, of good quality and disposable.
– good skin preparation. The trained dermatologist will guide the patient in regards to the proper preparation of the skin and how the maintenance of the treatment should be carried out in order to achieve the desired results.
– specific materials. Each type of treatment requires suitable and differentiated instruments. The trained professional will be able to decide which ones to use. “Microneedling material is not ‘all the same thing’”, warns the dermatologist.
– prevention of infection. Cleaning and aseptic techniques are required to prevent infection in the treated region.
The Annia Cordeiro Skin Clinic performs microneedling within strict safety norms and it has trained dermatologists to perform this technique. The Clinic has the modern equipment – Agnis, which performs microneedling with gold needles and radio frequency simultaneously. Schedule your visit at +55 (41) 3026-1790 or via WhatsApp + 55 (41) 8866-5493.